Sunday, May 3, 2009

First Week Home!

Wow, what a first week home! I wasn’t expecting to jump into life as quickly as I did, but it sure has been nice to stay busy. If there is one thing I hate in this world it is being board. Seeing as I drove all day Sunday I wasn’t too excited to get back in the car on Monday to drive all the way to St. George and back, but it had to be done. I was taking Kimber all of her things from school. I was excited to see her, but was sad that I only got to stay a few hours. Audrey came with me luckily, so that way I had someone to keep me company and also to drive part of the way. We laughed and had loads of fun, as Audrey and I always do!

Siri got married this week! I was able to go to her ceremony and learn a lot from their sealer. It was such a sweet experience for everyone there. Pictures were fun, the luncheon was delicious, and the reception was wonderful. I am so glad Audrey has let me be a part of her group of friends lately seeing as all of my friends have gone and gotten married. Good thing I have a little sister to take care of me.  

I got to take a super long bike ride with Mom and Dad this week. We drove to the park in Draper and then biked around the path. In the end we had biked about 8 miles or so. I enjoyed every bit of it. I must admit though, my rear end was a bit sore the next day, but it was well worth the exercise. 

The job hunt begins... well it turned out to be not much of a hunt at all. I had been hearing of all my friends having difficulties finding jobs and it scared me a bit to go out looking. I was on my way to the temple and decided to stop and pick up a few applications on the way. The first one I got and turned in I had a full time manager job offer at the Dry cleaners. It made a lot of sense, off every day by seven, and never working on a sunday... sounds great, but I didn’t feel good about it. I told the kind lady I would have to think about it. I went to the new Draper Temple and thought long and hard about the job situation. I decided I would keep looking and if nothing else came up by Monday I would take the job. 

I went home, ate a little and went back out to fill out more applications. The next place I tried was Payless Shoes down in Draper Peaks. I met the manager and talked with him for a short while. He said he wasn’t hiring, but wouldn’t mind looking at my resume. He took a short look and sent me home. The next morning I got a call from him asking if I would come in for an interview. I was a little shocked, but agreed to come in. I worked for Taylor’s mom that morning, showered and went in for an interview. He told me as soon as I walked in that he was opening up a part time position for me if I would take it. I couldn’t believe it! It was like jobs were opening left and right for me. I too told him that I would think about it and get back to him. 

Later that evening I went with Dad to help a lady in the ward move. We moved everything and anything you could imagine. I got home, prayed a little about the job situation and decided to take the part time job. It doesn’t seem logical, but the more I think about it the more I feel good about it. This way I can continue working for Taylor’s mom and start teaching voice lessons on the side. I think it really is the path Heavenly Father wants me to take.  

The next day I went in to start work, but the computers were down so I can’t start till next week, but this really is a blessing in disguise. I caught a cold this week and didn’t really want to work anyway until I got better. I am planning on getting better soon so I can hit life head on and roll with the punches...singles ward and all!

Speaking of singles wards... I went today and decided that I will be staying there and do all I can to get involved. It is all I can do to stay where Heavenly Father needs me. After church and a good dinner with the family we went on a great walk... in the rain! I was so excited. We walked down to Alex’s house and took him the treats we made for him. Too much fun with Audrey is all I have to say. It was a great first week home and I look forward to staying here over the summer! I love it!

No comments: