Sunday, May 10, 2009

This week has been filled with updating friends in Rexburg about my job opportunities. I am now officially hired at Payless and was supposed to start work at the end of this week, but family issues came up with my boss so he can’t start training me until the beginning of next week... this just means I have more time to play. However in most of my extra time this week I found myself working for Karla on her yard once more. It is so nice outside recently that I have no complaints working in the yard. 

I forgot to mention the outcome of our walk last week. Audrey and I decided since we couldn’t make the peach pie that Alex wanted so badly we would make him brownies with a peach pie paper cut out. 

Getting ready to go...

Placing it on the door... and running away!

Dad tried to catch a picture of Alex as he opened the door, but that didn’t seem to work out so well. This was the best we got, which really isn’t much, but I trust you can use your imagination. 

My singles ward should be fun. We had a “Quatro de Mayo” party for FHE. We beat up a few pinatas, and enjoyed some chips and dip. Audrey, Shawn, and Alex were with me which helped raise the level of fun we had.

After FHE we went out to Applebee’s for half price appetizers. We had way too much fun for our own good. 

As you can see Audrey and I ordered far too much food, and should have shared. 

I am so happy I have Audrey home this summer. I don’t know what I would do with out her and her friends. I would be bored out of my mind! This week we watched, or attempted to watch Benjamin Button. From what I saw it was a good movie. There were too many people there to try to watch it quietly. 

Friday David graduated! Congrats David! I am so proud of you. I know how hard it can be to finally get there. Luckily you have a plan, which is always a plus. Good luck with the job hunt and always keep in mind why you picked that career you did. You love it! Don’t ever lose sight of that!

That night I had far too much fun with Audrey, Shawn, and Alex, but this time it was an organized date. We were informed to wear our plaid shorts.

It began with a picnic... Followed by a very intense game of Croquette...

Losing team...

Winning team!


Followed by a fruit pizza creative contest.

The beginnings of a great competition

Finished with the initial design, and into the oven.

Option 1

Option 2

Dad was the judge, and he claimed it to be a tie. I personally think Audrey’s was far more cute then mine, but I think my fruit design was far more impressive. 


Mother’s Day was fun. We had David and his family over to celebrate. Lily wanted all of us to wear “princess shoes” like her, so she got each of us a pair of Mom’s Sunday sandals. Just a small family get together for dinner and a lesson. Audrey make Strawberry shortcake for dessert, and then we went on our weekly Sunday walk. A great week with lots of fun!

As soon as I got word that my good friend Nik Day had his CD on I Tunes I bought it right away. He is so talented and I hope everyone who reads this will at least listen to a sample of it. He is absolutely incredible and the best part about it, is that I know him really well! I know someone famous!

 

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

You've officially joined the Audrey Collier Fun Club! Now it's the Emily/Audrey Double Fun Club!

Kimber said...

Nik is on I-tunes?! That's cool. How did he swing that?