Sunday, May 24, 2009

More of the usual this week with a slight touch of extra family time. I babysat for both brothers here in Utah and loved every minute of it. I would give up almost anything to spend time with those sweet girls. Aside form babysitting I also played taxi service. I’m glad the van is still around to help out with the usual car breakdown. Katie and David needed to get their car fixed before peaving for the weekend so I ran them around town for a while.

In the process I was able to take Lily to get her first haircut. She was such a perfect little angel the whole time... as long as she had chocolate in her mouth... Obviously a true girl from the beginning.

The end result was a super cute little bob cut. I am surprised at how much older it makes her look. All the baby curls got cut off. No one knows if they will be coming back. hopefully she will take after me and have cute curly hair later on. ;)

Again I worked my little rear off. I am getting more and more hours at Payless and still doing the occasional landscaping work for Karla. Most of the yard is done for early summer. Here are a few attempts at catching my green thumb in a few pictures.

This is the front entry way and trail to the back yard. Just imagine hand planing each and every one of those flowers, bushes, and shrubs. It was quite the long project.
This is the far half of the backyard. I have had so many fun times in this back yard and am glad to have added to it's beauty now. 

I had a little fun this week testing out my baking abilities. I knew we had some garden fresh rhubarb that needed to be used up, and had fresh strawberries in the fridge so I ventured out and made my first strawberry rhubarb pie. It turned out very pretty and tasty! Very rarely do I get both in the first try.

Jenni and Mark came to visit this week! We all had so much fun together. Mark’s younger brother was getting married so they all flew down. Again my car made for a great taxi with built in car seats and all. I picked them up from the airport late wednesday night and the rest of the week was a blast.

When Payton comes to visit the laughing never ends. Usually it is funny things he says, or silly thing he does, but when he gets quite you know something is up. We quickly came to the realization that he really does belong in this family. We found him behind the counter...

Eating all our Peanut butter!!!!! 

Covered from head to toe, just digging it straight out and licking it off his hands. That silly boy!

The whole weekend was filled with cousins and fun. We played outside on the grass, on the slide

and most favorite, the Trampoline.

We all enjoyed popsicles in the nice weather...

Including sadie! She loved it! 

Friday night I got to help Katie out at her Tiny Toes Dance recital. The little girls did great, and Katie was a great teacher. I liked it more then I thought because as I got there I realized that the music they were dancing to was the soundtrack from the Tinkerbell movie. The perfect ballerina music!

Since Jenni was in town we couldnt’ pass up the opportunity to sing together. Dee Dee, Mom’s friend from the Orchestra at Temple Square, had invited us to sing in her ward and promised it would be worth the visit. We re-worked up Jesus the Very Thought of Thee and sang beautifully. We got our pay... in chocolates. What more could you ask for on a Sunday afternoon? I love singing with my sisters. I don’t know what it is, but our blend is incomparable. There is a unity of sound that I feel with them that I can’t duplicate anywhere else. Too bad so much time has to split up our chances to sing together.

No comments: