Sunday, April 26, 2009

Week Two on Tour!

Week Two on tour! The best part of this week was obviously the trip to Disneyland. I can't even express how much fun I had, so the pictures will have to tell the story.
If you look closely you can see one of us next to each letter. Jeremy - C; Me - A; Kimber - L; and Nik - I. I wish we could have gotten a closer shot but then we wouldn't have all fit in the shot. 

Here we are waiting to go into the long awaited Disneyland! As you can see, we are all quite excited!!!
Just got my ticket and am ready to head in. I am so excited I can hardly handle it!
Jeremy is my Disneyland Buddy. We couldn't split up, but that was no problem for us. We doubled up with another buddy group and headed on our way!
Here I am inside the gates and ready to go! Don't mind all the different clothes and hair styles. I was sweating so bad that I had to take the time out to change. 
First stop... Indiana Jones! It was a scary ride, so as we prepared to get on we all made our "I'm scared" face. This was the best buddy group ever! Kimber, Nik, Jeremy and I couldn't be split up no matter who tried. 
After Thunder Mountain Railroad. Also one of my favorite rides!
Standing in line for the Maderhorn.... I have no idea how to spell that, but you all know what I am talking about. 
Right before Space Mountain. I think we went on this ride more then any other ride in the park. I loved it more and more every time. 
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR to the rescue! I loved this ride. I didn't win, but I didn't lose, so that is as good as I get. Jeremy whomped us all... ooooooooo
Right before we took the plummet! Here we go!
Couldn't afford to buy the picture, so this is the best we could do... not the most clear thing in the worlds, but it will do. I'm second in line screaming my little head off. It wasn't scary, but it is way more fun when you do scream. 
Wet bums after Splash Mountain! Obviously Jeremy got it a little worse then I did.
Look! We found Goofy. It was the only character we found that didn't have a crazy long line to see. I think we caught him in between picture sessions. 
Tarzan's treehouse! Kimber and I went to town. It was like I was crazy young again. I loved every minute of it. 
The last view of the castle before we left for the night. My feet were hurting, my shirt was wet with sweat, but I loved every minute of it. I can't wait to go back... someday!
Dinner after Disneyland was possibly the best part. We were given $25 to spend on all our meals that day while we were away from the group. We spent as little as we could for lunch and saved up for a huge dinner at Tony Romas! We obviously enjoyed our burgers a little too much! 

My roommate Natalie stole my camera and took a picture of me after a long day at Disneyland. I crashed fast and hard. It was a great day!
The most wonderful family from Palm Desert drove all the way out to Corona to come see me in my show. Luckily I convinced Dr. Watkins to allow me to sing my big solo so I could really show them what I enjoyed doing outside of my mission. Little Joshy even gave me some roses! Such a great family. 
Shari Chirstensen also made a road trip to come see my show.  I love having the support they give me even outside of my mission. 18 months later they still love and care for me. No wonder I served in the best mission ever!
In one of my homestays we found a set of old clothes that went along with the time era the house was build in. I am still convinced that I was born in the wrong time period. 
On the ride home everyone was super tired... espessically Jeremy who decided to snuggle up with my Tinkerbell pillow and squeeze himself into the crevasses between the seats. At least he was comfortable. ;)
Saying goodbye was an emotional experiences, but I know that I will always have these good friends despite the distance between us! I love everyone who went on tour and look forward to keeping up with them in their lives.
I was planning on staying a few days in Rexburg to say my good byes and to help with the post tour clean up, but I couldn't handle being there much longer. It was too hard being around everyone just knowing I would have to say goodbye, so I hopped in my car and drove home. After a long bus ride, driving 4 more hours was a little difficult, but I was determined to get home. I got home, and went straight to bed. So that was the end of tour and now the beginning of real life! 

No comments: