Sunday, April 12, 2009

Last Week at School

The last week of school was completely unforgettable. I had som much going on, and didn’t want to miss a single moment. I got to go to a wonderful Pre-tour fireside with all the touring groups to listen to President Clarke give us his advice and testimony. It was so wonderful to hear someone speak so highly of the performing arts and to understand the effect it can have on others hearts and minds. It was a wonderful Fireside and a great opportunity to spend a little time with the people I love most in this world! My bestest friends that I would never trade in for even my life. They are the biggest blessings I have in my life at this point and I hope they know just how much I love them and look forward to touring with them. 

Later in the week we also had a Pre-tour banquet. The food was great as always and I got a chance to sit with all the wonderful people I would be spending the next two weeks with. I am so excited for this group. I think the band and choir will be closer then they ever have been this year. I don’t have a problem with a single person in the group. It is going to be the best drama free tour I have ever been on. We got our itinerary, clothes (that I picked and packed with the help of Jacqui and Andy), and packing list! It is coming fast and I can’t wait! 

Sooner than I knew it the graduation festivities began. I can’t believe I have finally made it. 6 years later, and I still feel like I am not old enough to be out of high school. I guess time flies by so fast that you hardly notice the changes you make and the lessons you have learned until they have passed. 

First up was the graduation banquet. I wasn't planning on attending at all seeing as it was $20 a person to get in. Earlier, a few weeks ago I was called by public relations to put together a musical number for the luncheon, so in return they complimented my ticket, my parents, Andy, Jacqui, Dan, Chelsea and her mom to assure we were all thanked well enough for the time we spent preparing the musical number. I was so lucky to have both my parents and my best friends at the banquet to support me. 
After a few wonderful speeches by President Clarke and Elder Anderson (the newest member of the quorum of the twelve) we enjoyed dinner, took a few pictures and then headed over to the Snow Building for Convocation.
Bro Linford gave a great speech about the importance of the performing arts, and although it may not be the most practical career decision, but if everyone stuck with the practical this would be a very boring world. 

My Convocation included music, art, dance, and theater majors. The performances were great and the time came for us to all stand and get the diplomas, or at least the cases, we all worked so hard for. 

Mom was so happy that I had finally finished my degree. Although it wasn't the same major I started with, I am glad I was able to come to a conclusion of exactly what it is that I needed and wanted to do. I'm a little scared about what the future holds, but I know that as long as I continue doing the right things I can't be denied the blessings of getting what I need. 
I could never have asked for more support from my parents. With all the choices and changes I made throughout my college career they were very helpful and supportive. After 6 years, 4 predicted and changed majors, a mission, and a few rough experiences they still loved and supported me in whatever I chose.  Thanks mom and dad! I love you!
And I think this was the longest amount of time they spent in rexburg. Overnight is not a usual thing for our family. Usually it consists of driving to Idaho, staying a few hours, and then driving back. I am glad I am important enough to stay over night for! ;)
Of course I had the support of some great friends as well. Ji Hye and Jordan even went to the extent of whistling at me as I walked across the stage to get my diploma. Although it was slightly embarrassing for me, it is nice to know I am loved!
After a long day, Ji Hye and I ended up staying up until all hours of the night laughing, crying and just enjoying each other. We haven't been apart from each other for more then 3 weeks since I got back to school after my mission. I love Ji Hye so much and will miss her a lot, but I know that if she could live with me for 4 semesters straight then we will stay friends for a very long time.  

It was quite the night with Ji Hye. As you can see the evening ended up with a very messy room, and me on the floor. Falling off the bed was a great way to end this portion of memories and laughs with Ji Hye! Oh, how I will miss the good times with her!

We surprisingly were able to wake up in the next morning, and look in my opinion very beautiful. Surprising after such little sleep. We stood in line together although we were supposed to sit with our colleges, I felt like spending a little extra time with my best friend was a little more important than sitting in the right section. I mean come one, who would even notice? 
My last moment as a student at BYU-Idaho! I honestly can't even begin to recall all the wonderful friends, teachers, and experiences I had here. 

More excitment after Commencment with the parents. I made it finally and fully. It is odd that I don’t feel like it is real yet. Maybe moving home after tour will do it for me. Whether it is realistic to me or not, it has happened and it is time to move on to what they like to call “real life.”

Can’t get any cuter mom than this! I love it! How did I luck out with such a great family?

Not to mention all the great friends I have. It will be rough to leave here, but I know what no matter what I will always remember all the wonderful people who helped shape me into who I am now.

How often do you have 3 graduates from one apartment? Good luck Ji Hye and Abby! I’m so glad we got to go through this together. You will both do so great in life. 

Who knew the mission would result in life long friends and sisters. These two are my life and my best friends. I could never ask for better influences and examples. Can you believe Ashley drove all the way up here just for this? What a great friend!

You can’t have a celebration without going to the best resturant ever! Red Robin was calling my name and my stomach. Mom and Dad hit up the joint on their way out of town and treated us to lunch. 

Jordan came along for the fun and food. I mean who can pass up a free meal?

And what better way to end the semester then with a bunch of great friends and a bon fire. Adam, Stace, Ji Hye, Jordan and I headed out to the middle of no where to enjoy the last evening we had in rexburg, at least for Ji Hye and me. 

The fire was out of control big! I even took the time to burn my biology book. They wouldn’t buy it back, and I didn’t see much use in keeping it. I mean come one, it was my last and only real class this semester. 

So there you have it. My last and final week in the Burg. It will be missed, but I guess I can't push off growing up much longer. Now it is time to buckle down and figure out exactly what it is that I want to do with my life. No ties, no previous commitments. I am free to do what ever I want to. Maybe that 50's diner isn't such a bad or unrealistic idea. Well, no use thinking about it now! I am free to have all the fun I want now! Good bye Idaho, Hello Cali! Here I come to sing my heart out!

No comments: