Sunday, April 5, 2009

I woke up to the wonderful aroma of French Toast Sticks. Grandma was cooking again and I couldn’t wake up to a better smell. You never have to worry about going hungry when you are at Grandmas house. We watched a recording of my recital... it is a little weird to listen to yourself sing, but I thought Grandma and Grandpa might enjoy it. Then the long drive home. Luckily there was no snow in sight. The entire trip was dry and perfect. I made great time! I even had time to take a nap before class. I had dinner and FHE with Andy and Jacqui simply because I wanted to. We watched the conversion story of Glen Beck. Both entertaining and uplifting. I really enjoyed it, but I was getting a little restless because I knew Mom and Dad were on their way. As soon as they called and said they were here I jumped in my car and headed over to their hotel. Dad took me out for ice cream, and then as soon as we got back to the hotel the power went out. There wasn’t a whole lot we could do in the dark. Mom turned on her computer and knit by screen light and Dad simply just relaxed. I decided I should go home and get to bed so I could be ready for the big day ahead!

Uncle Jay passed away recently and since his funeral was in Rexburg I was asked to sing. It was beautiful service with lots of family, but even more faculty members. He had such a large influence on school and mostly the music department. I had no idea I was part of such a large musical legacy. He was a great man and will be missed by many!

The big concert was almost here. We had a rough soundcheck where everything went wrong. Microphones were wigging out, people weren’t cooperating and worst of allwe lost all power 20 minutes before the show was supposed to start. I am so glad I am not a technician that has to deal with all that. All I could do was stand back and pray that everything would work for the show. With no surprises Scott, the miracle worker, fixed it all just in time to open the doors to let people come in.

The concert went great. I had a great time wailing my little heart out. I love standing next to Jeremy. He is so much fun to play off of. I even had a good time dancing back stage in between our numbers. 

I am leaving school with a big bang! I sang my long, super hard solo with all my might. It is a little weird at the beginning, but keep in mind it is supposed to be that way. Jazz artists like to take all the liberty they can get. Just wait till the end and you will love it! 

I am so lucky to have all the support I did at the concert. I was so happy to see so many of my friends in the audience cheering me on in my last hurrah. Thank you to Marilee, Lanette, Stephani, Heidi, Hans, Isaac, Cliff, Tracy, Meagan, Matt, Jordan, and especially Mom and Dad! I couldn’t have done it without all of you and your wonderful support. I love you all! You make the best fan club ever!

I finally got a chance to get to know Nik a little better this week. He just broke up with his girlfriend, and with me back in the single life we decided to take a little time to just get out of school and spend a little down time together. No nothing happened and most likely nothing will happen, but it was good just to sit down and talk with someone who I trust and have grown to care about. We went country dancing again and then went to the all formal Jack in the Box for a few milk shakes. Nothing fancy, but it sure was fun. The next day he came and supported me as I sang one song in a small recital and I supported him in his dance competition. He said he wasn’t much good, but as soon as he got out on that floor I knew he was just trying to be humble. He ended up taking 3rd place and loved every minute of it. This kid is amazing and never ceases to amaze me with his endless talents.  

I went on an official date this weekend with Jordan Jolley. A great kid from my mission, who has been there for me through everything. I mean if he can deal with me as a moody sister missionary I am sure he can handle nearly anything I can throw at him. We went to dinner at Craigo’s, which was the first place we saw each other after the mission. Laughed, talked, and made up an imaginary friend named Bob... don’t ask. It is a confusing story that I am pretty sure I don’t even understand. Bowling came next, and surprisingly I whomped him. I doubled his score. He must have really bad luck because I have never done that too anyone, and I topped my high score by 40 whole points. Not to shabby if you ask me. It was a fun date and maybe we’ll try another one in the future.   

I have never slept in so late as I did on Saturday. I got a good 12 hours of sleep with no breaks. I guess my body needed it a little more then I thought. As soon as I got up I went to Jacqui’s house to have a little fun seeing as Andy would be gone all day. We decided to exercise with a little tae bo... oh man, am I feeling it now. I can’t believe how much it worked out muscles I didn’t even knew I had. After all our hard work we had a healthy lunch and then went on a Disney search frenzy. We are planning on making our own T-shirts for Disneyland on tour so we were looking for pictures of all the Disney princesses to iron on the back of our plain white t’s. 


I think this is the one I will be using. We are also planning on making one for Sister Brower as Snow white with her seven dwarfs... there are 7 boys in Vocal Union that just happen to fit all the dwarfs very well. Andy - Doc; Jeremy - Happy; Adam - Dopey; Doug - Grumpy; Dan - Sleepy; Matt - Sneeezy; Nik - Bashful. You couldn’t get anymore perfect then that!

Later that night Jen, Jacqui and I had loads of fun watching chick flicks, eating healthy food, and braiding eachother’s hair. It was like I was in High school all over again. It is nice to finally have girl friends again that I can just hang out with and enjoy being with them even if all we are doing is sitting and talking. Too bad I get along far better with married people. ;) guess that means I need to get on the ball. 

Conference was so good. I loved it all. This is the first time I have stayed up at school at watched conference. It was a little more difficult to pay close attention seeing as we laugh and joke too much, but I still got a lot out of it. 


Jordan, Jared, and Sara came over to watch the Afternoon Session with us. a house full of friends, it can’t get any better. After the session Jordan, Ji Hye, Jared, and I went for a walk...


Had a little fun singing and walking on the wall...

played chicken on the bridge... Obviously I lost!


and found a deserted yard with the coolest climbing tree. No sooner then I got half way up Ji Hye informed me that we had to head back. Too bad really. I miss climbing trees and exploring. What I wouldn’t give to be a kid again! 

No comments: