Sunday, March 29, 2009

I’m single again, which means Clint decided things weren’t going to work out after trying the long distance thing. Don’t worry, I don’t have hard feelings towards him. The situation is a little difficult and took me by surprise, but I can’t make someone fall in love with me. He gets points for telling me in person though. I still do look up to him quite a bit. I don’t regret any of it and am glad I had an opportunity to learn from him. Luckily working in the temple has given me a chance to reflect on the good a whole lot more then focusing on the hard and bad. I will be sad when I don’t get to work there anymore. It really has been a blessing in so many ways. 

I decided not to wallow in my own self pity, but to get out in the social world and prove to myself that being single isn’t all that bad. After a long tedious recording session with Vocal Union we all headed out to the new ice cream joint. It was pretty good and just what any girl needs after being dumped. ;) After eating the most delectable ice cream ever Val convinced a few of us to go Country Swing dancing with her. I had never done it before, and I didn’t really know how, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to try. I had the time of my life! I danced with someone different for every song, and even had a few 2nd rounds. Nik came with us, and we had the best time ever. I am so happy to have such good friends. I really couldn’t ask for more. 

Ji Hye and I decided to go on another one of our girl’s nights out. We went out to Idaho Falls, went to the mall, got the oil changed on my car, ate at the best place ever; Red Robin of course, and then enjoyed watching Twilight to finish off the night. I wish the two of us didn’t have to split up when school ends. That will be a sad parting for sure. I haven’t been away from her for more then 3 weeks at a time since I have been back from my mission. Honestly, someone who can deal with me for that long really is a great friend!

I got the chance to visit Grandma and Grandpa this weekend. I skipped church to ensure enough travel time to get there safely. It was a bit of a scary trip seeing I was all alone driving on a road I had never used before and the weather was far from cooperative. I slid off the road once, which totally freaked me out, but I said a prayer and knew that I would make it there safely. I made it in time for dinner which was delicious. You can never out do grandma’s cooking when it comes to a big meal. 

Soon enough David, Katie, Lily, and Kylie showed up for a late dinner. I played and sang with Lily as usual and had a blast. Grandma and Grandpa were just as excited to see the great grandkids as they were to see Me. Lily just adores Grandma and enjoys being there with them.  We all had dessert together, watched Iron Man and then all headed to bed. I am still amazed at how much traveling can wear you out. 

No comments: