Sunday, March 8, 2009

Not a very eventful week, that is for sure. it seemed to involve nothing but practicing. With my senior recital in the works I feel like all I do is sing... good thing I enjoy it so much. I had my first rehearsal with Sis Brower for my recital. Boy, she is an amazing musician. I am amazed every time I sing with her just how good she is. I love it because I can do almost anything and she will follow me. She is probably the best accompanist I have ever come by. My recital will turn out great. 
I also had time to go swing dancing this week. It was the first time I actually got to dance with the "in" crowd. I got pulled into what they call the swing circle, which is like a break dancing circle where you show off lifts and quick foot work. One of the teachers pulled me in and we danced out little hearts out. I had such a good time. I hope I can go dancing again at least one more time before the end of the semester. 
I sang in church with a kid named Isaac this week. I have never practiced so much for a musical number in my life. It turned out nicely by Sunday. I am glad I got another chance to sing in church. I sure will miss this ward when I am done here at school. The students are so kind, and the bishopric is out of this world. They care so much for each student and really do know us and our needs. I am so grateful for all their efforts and sacrifices for us. 

No comments: