Sunday, March 1, 2009

The beginning of the this week was completely uneventful. You see I have been a bit sick lately so all through Monday, Tuesday and most of Wednesday all I did was go to my classes and sleep. I finally got up the guts to go to the doctor on Wednesday morning. He did know what was wrong for sure, but he did send me on for an ultrasound on my gall bladder. I still haven’t heard anything back so who knows what is really wrong?

Wednesday night I had a chance to hang out with Chelsea Adams. We went to go see a play on campus together. It is called Burdens of Earth. It is about Joseph Smith’s time and trials in the Liberty Jail. It was very informative and very well done. Adam was in it so all of Vocal Union wanted to go and support him. I’m really glad I went. It enlightened my mind and strengthened my testimony. 

I got to go to the Idaho Falls Temple again this week, but this time I went for a ward baptism night. The only problem is that they don’t let endowed sisters do any baptisms, so they sent me up to do inititories. I was a little bummed out that I didn’t get to spend time with the ward, but it was still enjoyable. I rode with my FHE sisters from the apartment upstairs. We did quite a bit of bonding, and now I am more part of their apartment then mine. You know sometimes I just need a place that I can go away from my apartment to clear my head and such, and this is the perfect place to do it. I have been up here nearly all weekend seeing as no one is ever home at my apartment. They are super sweet girls and i am so happy I have finally taken the time to get to know them and have fun with them.

Friday started out a little rough. I had my voice lesson and was asked to perform my song that I was to be singing in the recital later that night. My teacher just sat back and listened... I forgot words, sang wrong notes, and completely embarrassed myself. I am just glad it was only my teacher around to notice. I came home and practiced until there was no doubt in my mind that I had it all learned and memorized. I got my hair cut later that evening and then got ready for the recital. I was almost last on the program. I kept thinking about what happened in my lesson and it made me super nervous. I came out on stage, said a quick prayer, and the next thing I knew the song was over and everyone was clapping. I guess it all turned out. 

When I got home I called Dad and gave him all my input for my recital poster. I think it turned out great. Dad is an artistic genius. I swear it didn’t take him more than 15-20 minutes to put it together.  Thank you so much Dad! Anyone who reads this... you are invited and I would love to have you there!

Saturday was a day full of surprises and fun. I woke up and printed out all my invitations  so I could mail them on Monday, and then when I got back Marilee (one of my new quasi-roommates) asked if I wanted my hair highlighted. I am always up for free hair treatment. I sat down and let her go to town. It turned out a little more blonde then I was expecting, but as Clint said, I can now blame my falling up stairs on the color of my hair. ;)

We had Stake Conference that night as well. It was so good. It was all organized around the idea of lifting other people up and watching over them. I guess I have some work to do when it comes to my real roommates. Maybe I shouldn’t just run away, but should face the issue and learn from it. I hate it when the speaker is right and seems like they are speaking just to me.  

Ji Hye asked me later that night if I wanted to go Snowmobiling. Are you kidding me? Why on earth would I ever pass something like that up? I got into my warm clothes (which consisted of a double pair of pants, 2 shirts and a coat... not too warm, but it was all I had.) and we headed out the door. I wasn’t quite sure who was all going. I guess with 2 machines it only makes sense that you take 4 people. 

Ji Hye and I took a picture in the car just for the heck of it. (take note of the super blonde hair) As soon as we picked up the 4th person we were already out as far as Ashton. When we got there he asked if we would help him with something... He had a calf die today and needed us to help him move it out of his bathroom. Kind of an awkward start to an evening. I would put a picture, but I think a picture of a dead cow would be a little morbid. 

We drove out to Mike’s cabin and all got ready to go. Luckily Mike’s mom had some extra snow pants and coat. I was all bundled up and ready to go. I thought we all looked like ninjas because of our face masks.

And we were all ready to go! Look how cool we are in our helmet and all!

Half way out to the falls. I was getting ready to drive!

Mike and I shared a machine... a little odd seeing as I didn't know him at all, but hey I got a fun ride!

Ji Hye and Nick shared one... oh so cute!

15 miles later we made it to the cave.

And then out to the falls... that is if you can see them. This isn't the greatest picture of all of us, but you can at least see what we hiked to... in the dark! It was a great night, despite the one crash and the ripped snow pants. I love being outside! I needed this little outing for sure. 

I got home at curfew and was so worked up that I couldn't sleep so I stayed up and watched a movie with Megan... It was a good idea until the next morning when I realized we had stake conference at 9. Don't worry, I still woke up and went. I even took time to get ready. it was a great conference focusing on "looking to our home." He took it in four different ways. Look ing to our home with our families and everything and seeing what it is that we can learn and teach our parents and siblings. Looking to our apartments as a source of comfort and love and really turning them into a home, rather than just a place to live. Looking to the future homes we will all have and preparing ourselves to be the best spouses and parents we can. And then finally looking to our eternal home. Looking toward the eternal goal of living with Heavenly Father again and doing all we can to get there in one piece. It was a great conference!

When I got home I made my new friends a little surprise lunch. ENGLISH PANCAKES!!! yummy so good. they loved them and said that I have to make them for them every sunday. I didn't object to that! I could eat them all day everyday! After a long relaxing afternoon we took time to watch the CES Fireside. Any of you who didn't get a chance to hear it you need to read it as soon as it is available. It was a talk by Elder Hales. He spoke on stepping up to higher ground and getting there in time to lift others up with you. It was just a fantastic spiritually uplifting weekend. I love being here at this school!


2 comments:

Kathryn said...

She's a blond! Are you feeling better this week?

Joseph & Shaylee said...

Your recital was amazing!! We were so happy that we were able to make it! :)