Sunday, February 22, 2009

This week was super busy, but also super fun. Clint was still here at the beginning of the week and so we continued our fun little outings. On Monday we were supposed to go to Katie and David’s for the ultimate FHE day, the only problem was my muffler and exhaust pipe were practically on the ground, so Clint, with his many skills, jimmy-rigged it with a hanger and bungee cord. We didn’t quite how long it would last, but we felt safe enough driving it to Salt Lake. 

While he was fixing it he seemed to have bloodied his knuckles. Poor guy! I felt bad, but I was happy to have the car fixed to a point where it was drivable. As soon as it was fixed we drove to Old Navy to use up my birthday gift card and then went and enjoyed our time at Katie and David’s. We started out by sledding down the back hill....

started our snow man...

and then began to get very creative with what our snowman would look like. He turned out to have a bushy mustache, and pokey hair. He had quite a bit of personality. 

Lunch included tuna sandwiches and chips, and then we got into our games. We started by being introduced into the Wii Fit group. It was a really fun way to get your body balanced and moving. 

Next came Rock Band 2 where we all made our alter-ego rock stars. I was a super skinny chick with really short pink and purple hair. Clint ended up with a beefy body, with black and red spiky hair. 

We got pretty into the game... I was up on the couch and everything! After wearing ourselves out we had dinner, which was very yummy, and then headed home to pack up and get things ready for the next morning. 

As soon as we got home we realized that we still hadn’t gotten any pictures of the new temple. we drove up there and took a very cold walk all the way around it getting a few pictures of just the temple...

and us! It was a great weekend and I am so happy I got to see Clint again after a very long month. When we goto home we had to wait for the laundry to finish so we sat down and had a very peaceful evening while reading the Ensign.

Tuesday had an early start. We woke up, loaded up the car, said our goodbyes and were out the door by 4:45 am. I drove Clint to the airport in time to catch his plane. We said our goodbyes to each other, which can be a little odd when you have no idea when you will see each other next. I am just glad mom was nice enough to get him a ticket to come home for the weekend. it really was the best gift in the entire world!!! I just hope he had as much fun as I did. 

Driving back to Rexburg was a little difficult seeing as soon as I hit Bountiful the snow picked up and I couldn’t see a single thing. I was scared to death to keep going. I finally pulled off and called mom to get a few reinforcing words and then kept driving. As soon as it got lighter I didn’t have as much of a problem driving, but up until that point I could have sworn I was nearly off the road a few times. I am just happy I finally made it back to my apartment 6 hours later. I laid down to take a nap before class... and didn’t wake up for another 4 hours. Luckily I did wake up in time to study a little and take my biology test. For sleeping through the review session I didn’t do too bad. Actually I got better than I was expecting. An 80% on Brother Carters test is on the higher end. No complaining here.

I finally got to go back to working at the temple on Wednesday. It has been closed for cleaning and repair for a few weeks. I really have missed going, and was very happy to be back. This Wednesday was a little different at the temple because we were missing a volunteer and so I got to cover her time in the chapel instead of being in the dressing room. I started to read a book called Following Christ. As I was reading it I got the impression that I needed to do baptisms. I walked over to my adviser and asked if I could quit my shift a little early and do baptisms. I got my own suit and waited for my turn. It has been so long since I have done baptisms. I Loved every minute of it. It was nice to remind myself of the first covenants I made. The temple is such a beautiful place and I am learning very quickly that it truly is the house of the Lord and that he and his angels are there all the time. I feel it every time I am there. I am so glad I have this opportunity to do this every week. 

Vocal Union was fun as we got a few new charts to look at. I spent a lot of time after class practicing on my own. I have come to realize that I don’t have a whole lot of time to get ready for my senior recital and I need to get a move on memorizing my songs. I then went swing dancing and then came home as pooped as can be and finally got to bed.

Thursday was completely uneventful, all I did was go to Biology, and practiced. The rest of the day was wasted on homework, errands, and sleep.

I had a great voice lesson on Friday. I didn’t do much singing, but I did get to talk a lot with Sis. Bossard about my goals and desires in singing. We talked so much about the importance of feeling and musicality and delivering the message. I am so glad I finally have a voice teacher who believes in me. It makes all the difference in the world. When I got home from my lesson i had a little extra time. I decided since all my homework was done and I had already sung today I would take a little time off. I sat down, enjoyed lunch and watched High School Musical 2. Yes I know, it probably isn’t something I should be admitting to, but I enjoyed it, cheese and all. 

Vocal Union rehearsal was fun. We got to practice in the Barrus Concert Hall to get ready for our performance on Saturday. We are doing surprisingly well for not performing a whole lot together yet. Because our sound is so good we worked more on stage presence and delivery. Oh man! I love this group! I can’t wait to go on tour with these people. After rehearsal I practiced myself for 3 hours and then ran home for my date... with Ji Hye. We go on roommate dates once a month to stay caught up. We had ice cream and went to a movie at the cheap theaters. I normally talk to Clint at that time of night, but seeing as he was off camping with his singles ward and having the time of his life I figured I could get away with having a little fun of my own. 

Saturday was an important day for a few people. One roommate Becky had her engagement pictures taken, in the freezing cold, and then my other roommate Bekki was going through the temple for the first time. If you recall she received her mission call to Finland and she invited me to be there at the temple with and her family. It was beautiful and wonderful. 

After the temple her parents took us all out to Applebee’s for lunch. I love it when parents come to town. It was her parents, grandparents, Mary (her best friend, whom I know from Project Inspire over the summer) Megan (my roommate), and Me. It was turning out to be a great day thus far. 

Later that evening I had my performance for the Collegiate Invitational. We started the concert off with two songs and then I headed home. I started to do a little Biology studying, got bored and so I went back to watch the rest of the concert. They did fantastic. I am so glad I came back because my friend Max (the piano player from last semester’s nerd act) was in town visiting. We got to chat a little and then all went out to Winger’s to get dessert. Alan and I shared an Asphalt Pie and then came home. I didn’t really feel at place there. I mean I was happy to see Max and all, but everyone else there was in collegiate choir and I don’t know very many of them. But I made the best out of it while I was there. Plus I got a free dessert out of it, I’m not complaining!

Well, today has been filled with sleep and relaxation trying to rid myself of this terrible headache I have had now for three days. Hopefully it will be gone by this evening. I would hate to start off another week with the same headache. Overall it was a great week and I hope next week will be just as good!