Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sweethearts Weekend... Finally posted!

I meant to write about this a long time ago, but I never had the time to write everything down. It was such a full week! So now, three weeks later, I am finally making an effort to tell you about the best week on the planet! This makes up for Feb 8 through the 15th. 

Monday was more busy than most mondays because I had to take time out of my regular boring day to make Mom’s yummy hot fudge for 150 people. Dang, that is a lot of sugar and butter. I was nearly grossed out making it. I left it in a crock pot to keep it warm until it was time to serve it up. I left and went to Vocal Union rehearsal. I found a little extra time to practice afterward and then headed to our ward party. I am the Activities Chairman for our ward so I was in charge of putting it all together. We had a battle of the FHE groups. We had dodgeball, four square, and volley ball. I soon came to find out that not only was I athletically challenged, but my entire FHE group was the same. We didn’t win a single game, but we sure did have fun! Soon we all headed to the dessert table that was set up. Warm brownies, ice cream, hot fudge and walnuts. Who could ask for a better treat after playing your little heart out? I won over quite a few hearts with the hot fudge... Thanks Mom!

Tuesday was a day of relaxation as soon as I got out of Biology where we learned about photosynthesis. Something that I find very interesting. It amazes me how finite God’s details are and how he keeps his world moving by natural science and self produced energy. I never knew a biology class could open my spiritual mind so much. After class I took some time to catch up with Alan, seeing as we hadn’t really done anything for a while. We went to our regular mexican restaurant to get the best bean and cheese burritos in the world and then went back to his place to watch a movie with his roommates and Shpanks...that is his roommates doctor prescribed dog. Then I just came home and chilled a while with the roommates. A lot of down time on that day.

Wednesday was just as relaxing. I went to Vocal Union where we got a bit of new music to learn seeing as we have already learned all the stuff Sis Brower was planning on. I love being a head of the game! It makes life so much more exciting. Seeing as I had so much extra time I decided to go to a kickboxing class at the gym. It was so much fun, and now I hurt in places I didn’t even know existed. I am hoping to continue going to this class seeing as I don’t really have any organized exercise this semester. Since I was so sore I didn’t get to go dancing. My legs would have been jelly by the end of the night if I went. Instead I just stayed home and read my Biology book so that I wouldn’t have to do it at home. 

Getting home was almost here! I woke up Thursday morning, packed up my car and went to class. I got a 100% on my quiz, which was a great accomplishment, and then went to get ready for our promotional pictures for our tour pamphlets. Everyone in Vocal Union was there waiting for the rest of the Sound Alliance to show up. 2 o’clock rolled around there was still not a band member in sight. Turns out Dr. Watkins never told them about the scheduled photo shoot. We all waited for a little while Sis Brower decided what to do. We rescheduled for the next week and I booked it out of there to get home. I was so excited to just get home. I hopped in the car and drove all the way home on clear roads. I got home to find Mom leaving, and Dad was already gone. I think it is funny that I leave Rexburg to spend time with my family and it turns out that no one is there to spend time with me. Oh well, I could handle one evening alone. I took time to do my laundry and practice a little. 

FRIDAY!!!!! I was so excited to see Clint! I woke up and cleaned the entire house to make sure it was just perfect for when he came. I then went over to Des’ house to play with Evylee and to kill a little bit of time before i had to head out to the airport. I got to the airport and started to get nervous. I don’t know why I was nervous, but I sure was. I pulled up as soon as he called and informed me that he had landed. I waited in the pick up lane and as soon as I saw him coming got out of the car, fixed my hair, and walked up to him. That was one of the greatest hugs on the earth! I was so happy to have him back. I know it has only been a month, but it felt like forever. 

We drove back to the house just to change our clothes and head up to the temple open house. It was so pretty. I love going to any temple! Clint and I got to go to the Rexburg Temple Dedication together, and now we got to go to the Draper Open House together. It was absolutely amazing. I cannot believe all the beautiful details in the sego lily motif. I loved every minute of it! After a quick bite to eat we headed out to meet Mom and Dad at the Jordan River Temple to do a session. I must say it was a little weird at first going on a double date to the temple with my parents, but it was a fun experience none the less. 

After the session we were all starving and so we headed out to Pei Wei to get s late dinner. It was pretty good, for the most part. Everyone got something different, and I ended up with the bum dish. What ever it was that I got was way too spicy and I could hardly handle it. So I just mooched off everyone else until I felt satisfied. Soon we were home in our comfortable clothes watching nothing else but Monk! I love that show. Apparently Clint was a little more tired then I was because he fell asleep ten minutes into the show. Soon Mom dropped a clock off the counter and startled Clint. He decided it would be better if he just went to bed. I stayed up to finish the episode and then headed to bed myself.

Saturday was the official “Sweetheart’s Day” or to the rest of the world known as Valentines Day. I woke up and helped Mom make heart shaped muffins and eggs for breakfast. They were the best muffins I have ever had. Thanks to a recipe we found in the cookbook Jenni gave us for Christmas. We then just relaxed and doodled a bit on the piano. 

Soon enough it was time to meet the rest of the family at Chili’s. I was sad that we weren’t going to Red Robin, but I think I have been there enough in the past little while. It was a fantastic meal and wonderful company.

Knowing how much I love my little niece I was happy to be with her at Chili’s and to sing our little hearts out (It is a new tradition with Lily, to sing anytime I am around!) while we waited for our food. As soon as we all finished eating Clint and I jumped in the car to head down town with Mom to go to the Ballet. Yes, I took Clint to the ballet... I still don’t really know if that was a good or bad move... ;) It was his first time, and he was very willing to go, knowing that it was one of my favorite things to go to. 

When we got to the theater we walked around looking at all the art displayed outside while we waited for the doors to open... these don’t look too comfortable to dance in. OUCH!!! The doors opened and we headed up, and up, and up to our seats. We were far above anyone else, but I guess those are the benefits of complimentary tickets. Mom, I am not complaining one bit. I actually loved the seats we had because we could see the entire stage at once and could take in every little detail. 

The ballet opened with a contemporary dance called “Gong.” I think it was a little too much for me to handle. If it was too much for me I can only imagine what it was like for Clint. It was a bunch of angular movements that I didn’t understand with a lot of bright colors as you can see. 

The second portion of the ballet was beautiful. It was Madame Butterfly, which is normally an opera, but they extracted the music and made it into the most beautiful ballet I have seen thus far. It was very well done.

It was a tragic story, but what story that comes from an opera isn't tragic. I'm not going to lie, I did tear up a bit. I didn't know that dance could portray such passion and drama. I was simply impressed with the beauty of the production. 

We all went home and changed into our dinner date clothes. I borrowed a dress from my roommate and tried to look my best. We all headed over to the stake center for dinner and a dance. Dinner was tasty and fun. As soon as we finished eating we enjoyed a long night of dancing and music. 

We started by all dancing together as you would at a high school dance. 

I busted out a few sweet moves with Dave, like we did at Becca's wedding a long time ago. 

Then we broke out the swing moves and dazzled everyone! Well, I would like to think so. 

A dip here and there...

How can you get any cuter than my parents? I hope that someday I can be just like them. My parents and I ended up being the last couples on the dance floor. We enjoyed the music and just kept dancing until they kicked us out. We cleaned up Dad's camera gear and went on home. It was a lot earlier than we thought so we found a movie to watch. Dad got Sahara for his birthday from Des and Mike so we decided to pop it in (since we had seen nearly every appropriate movie from Redbox).

After wearing myself out completely on Saturday I had a hard time staying awake through church. Maybe I should learn to go to bed a little earlier. When we got home from church we had the most exquisite chicken noodle soup. I don’t think soup has ever tasted so good. As soon as we finished we said good bye to Dad, who was heading off to Vegas for a convention, and then all took a quick nap before Mike and Des came over. We played with Evylee and talked to Mike and Des for a while, or at least I did. clint just kept on sleeping... until we bugged him enough to get him up. ;)

I left to pick up Papa and brought him back home. I attempted to practice with Audrey but didn’t have much luck. The two of us just get the giggles a little too often. We soon left to go visit Clint’s sister, Rachel. Her poor daughter was sick and I felt kind of bad for intruding on their Sunday night, but they seemed happy to see Clint. If Clint didn’t enjoy his trip here at least he got to see his sister and her kids. 

Her kids are so cute. They all were fighting for Clint’s attention. Soon they found the camera and were taking all sorts of pictures. So here is a picture they took of us... not to shabby for a kid eh? 

I normally wouldn’t mention television shows, but this one had Clint and I laughing to no end. If any of you have seen Iron Chef America then you will know what I am talking about. 

Just imagine this face yelling very dramatically “BASIL!!!” I would have never guessed that would be a secret ingredient. It was so amusing that we actually stayed up and watched the entire show! Just thought I would share my joy.

No comments: