Sunday, June 14, 2009

So Audrey has quite the list of things she wants to do this summer. Personally I think it is a little too long to finish this summer, but we can try. One of those things on that  List was to tie-dye outfits for our ward sports night. So while I was at work Audrey went out and bought t-shirts with sweatbands. As soon as I got home we got to work. 

First I had to make sure that the headband fit. Obviously it fits just right, and makes me more attractive than ever!

Out to the backyard with plastic bags and all the dye. With Gloves and all we went to work. Maria was there for supervising and artistic advice.

Here we are right before we were finished dying them. It was kinda late by the time we finished. I forgot they had to sit so long. 6 hours later Audrey and I woke up at 4 AM to wash them out. They turned out pretty sweet. We went back to bed after washing them out and putting them in the washing machine for the final touch.

The next morning Mom wanted to go shopping for all of her tour needs such as shoes and blouses. we went everywhere you can imagine. She got nearly everything she needed except for a few shirts and one pair of shoes. I hardly had any time afterwards to get ready for work. I dropped Mom and Dad off at the theater so they could have their date night, grabbed a bite to eat and then went right to work. I was so happy when 9 rolled around cause then I could go home change and then head to Tom's to meet up with Audrey and her friends. 

As you can see they turned out pretty cool. We are going to be the coolest people at our sports night every week. Well I mean not to say we weren’t the coolest little group already, but this will just put the icing on the cake. 

They even look cool from the back. 

I guess Mom didn’t get what she wanted on her last shopping spree this week so we headed out once again. After a good few hours I think we finally found all that she needed for tour. On our way home I got a call from Taylor inviting me to go to the temple with her. I was so excited that I ran home, ate lunch, changed clothes and started out the door. The rain was unbelievable. The streets were flooding and there was so much water. I drove over some railroad tracks and unexpectedly hydroplaned and almost lost control of the car. I kept driving towards the temple. I then came to a corner and realized I couldn’t turn my car. Something was seriously wrong so I pulled over. Dad came to save me and then took me to the temple. As soon as I got out of the temple Taylor took me home. My car was no longer where I left it so I am assuming dad took it into Tim’s to get it fixed. Too many problems with this car I tell you!

One of my favorite missionaries is home now and came out to Utah this week so he could start school at BYU. He contacted me and we decided to get together. Turns out Audrey, Alex, Shawn, and I already had plans to go swing dancing, so we invited Mike. Mike and I hitched a ride with Mom and used our extra time in the Church History Museum. Soon Shawn came and picked us up and we headed to the Naval Science Building up by the U. 

First we had lessons for an hour. Seeing as these boys had never done this before it was really fun to help them learn. They picked it up really quickly. Soon after they started the music and all that dancing began. I had a blast! I danced with all the boys who came with me and with a few other people who were there for the fun of it. The instructor even asked me to dance. He was so good! We talked for a good ten minutes after we danced and he invited me to join the intermediate class and perhaps help teach it in a few weeks. I’m so excited! I love dancing and miss it so much. I will take every opportunity I can to dance. we are coming back next week for sure! I took Mike all the way back to provo that night and on my way back I realized I left my wallet in his backpack. Guess I’ll have to get it from him later. This is one way to ensure you don’t spend any money! ;)

I took up work at Karla’s house again. I did more of the usual gardening for a few hours. I was planning on working for quite a few hours but then got a call from Payless asking me to come in to work early. My only problem was that I didn’t have a car... so I walked home all the way from Taylor’s. It was a long walk, but I am glad I got the exercise and was extremely grateful to have my ipod at that time. I quickly ate lunch, got dropped off at work and worked as hard as I could to have the store clean and ready to go as soon as possible. I forgot I didn’t have a car so I called dad for a ride. Sadly he didn’t answer, so I started to walk home in the rain. Dad found me soaking wet on the side of the road and took me the rest of the way home. It has been raining so much here I can hardly believe it. I don’t think I have ever seen this much rain in Utah in June. It is completely unbelievable.  

Saturday finally came. I worked hard to get all my Saturday jobs done so I could go to the movies with Mom and Dad. We went to see Angels and Demons. It was a fantastic movie and I encourage everyone to go and see it. Even without reading the book I still really enjoyed the movie. After the movie we went and picked up my car from the shop expecting it to only cost about 60 to 70 dollars. After we left we were in shock. $250 to fix a silly little bracket. 

I think I am going to have to retire this car. She has taken me through a lot, but after dropping nearly $500 in one month is just is too much for my bank account to handle. Here is my tribute to Vanna Blue and a loving good bye. I guess my bike will quickly become my best friend. 

I was very proud of myself for waking up and watching the Music and Spoken Word Broadcast. It was very good and most definitely worth it. So many beautiful arrangements and what a great message about finding the good in everything and looking for the light in all situations. I had quite a bit of time to relax before church and took all the time in the world to get ready. I went to church alone this week because Audrey and all her friends had a farewell to go to. I found a few friends to sit with. While in church I realized I needed my wallet back from Mike because it had my half finished temple recommend that I needed to get finished today. I called Mike as soon as sacrament meeting was over and left right away to drive to Orem to pick it up. As soon as I got back it was family central. Everyone was over for a wonderful pot roast dinner with the most delicious fresh batch of homemade bread.

After dinner we went straight for what we now call the Sunday couch. All of us were on it at one point. It was still just as comfortable as always. 

We spent quite some time on the couch without any interruptions. Lots of fun and lots of laughs. 

After a little while we had our bellies calling for dessert. So I jumped up and offered to make berry smoothies for everyone. I guess the kids enjoyed them more then we did.

Evylee wouldn’t allow me to eat my own smoothie without giving her a bite in between  each of mine. All I kept hearing was a very sweet and quite “pees,” meaning please, and with such a cute voice I always gave in. 

Our fun quickly turned into rough housing as all the kids jumped on top of Gammie. pillows and all were used in the attack. I guess although Gammie is getting a bit older she still knows how to have fun and enjoy a good Sunday evening. 

David and Katie had borrowed my tour bag to pack for their Arizona and brought it back tonight. Obviously Evylee wasn’t quite sure what it was to be used for...

 
Potts took advantage of it and ran for the fun of it. Oh the silly things that go on at the Collier’s on a Sunday evening.  

No comments: