Sunday, June 7, 2009

I had to take my car in for registration this week. The whole time safety and emissions was being tested I was biting my nails and praying that it would pass. After $160 of fees and repairs it was good to go. It was mostly fine except for the muffler. If you recall sometime back in february Clint and I jimmy rigged my muffler with a hanger and bungee cord to keep it from falling off. Well it lasted until now, and would have lasted longer I am sure, but it didn’t quite pass safety that way so they had to really fix it, but hey if that is all that was wrong I am more than happy.

Mom had quite a few jobs this week so I watched papa quite a bit. wendy just had her baby so she can’t be expected to keep up with him so I took care of him when Mom couldn’t. It was nice to have someone home with me. Normally in the middle of the day everyone is at work and I am left at home alone, but this time I had papa and was still able to get quite a bit done. I made poppy seed bead for work and helped papa with his crossword puzzles. 

Work this week was a little more exciting than average. I mean I went about doing all my regular jobs like setting up new promotional posters, cleaning the store for the district manager visit in the morning and as always selling as many shoes as I could. I did get to break down 131 cases of shoes from the shipment yard. That was quite the project, but nothing compared to the rest of the events to follow. Seeing as I am pretty new to the job I don’t have a key to open or close yet... Apparently Toni didn’t either, the only problem is we didn’t know that until it was time to close. As we were closing up the building the alarm went off since we had the wrong key. I can’t tell you how much the alarm can make your heart race. I knew I didn’t do anything wrong and I had nothing to get in trouble for, but when that alarm goes off it sure can make your heart race and make you feel all sorts of anxiety. We got it turned off and I had to sit and wait for Brent to come with the real key, so I was left in the back room reading my book until 10:30. I guess the upside is that I got paid for that extra hour and didn’t have to do anything. 

I am determined to get the pool fixed and cleaned so I can finally use it. The weather has been beautiful and I haven’t taken advantage of it yet because our pool is mucky and gross. I spent a good few hours vacuuming it but some how all the guck would just got straight through the vacuum and into the pool again. Something is not right here! It was my turn to cook dinner so I quickly made ham steaks and then left with Tom to try and find the perfect outfits for the nights festivities. No luck at the mall or DI so we just went as normal folks. well some of us did.

I forgot just how much fun Classic Skating is. Here is the group of us that went and had the time of our life! Tom, Johnny, Stevie, Joey, Merrill, Maria, Audrey, Myself and 2 other girls whom I quickly became friends with, but somehow forgot their names. 

We managed to have our own little dance party while skating. Check out Maria’s sweet Crane dance move. 

Here is Audrey busting a move while only on one skate! very impressive Audrey. I wish I had your skating skills. 

We found time for tricks as well. Johnny was so talented and nimble that he could skate directly under someone’s legs. A talent I clearly do not posses. 

I tried, but only could master the top person’s job. I let Audrey slide through my legs instead. Good thing I didn’t run over her!

But also along with all the amazing skills we had a few collisions and crashes. But what is the fun of skating if you don’t take chance. I few bruises never hurt anyone...too much. 

I am so lucky that Audrey allows me to hang out with her. I have so much fun and it is extremely easy to be yourself when you are around family. We are quickly becoming inseparable. Every night is a new adventure for me!

The girlies all had a blast. We even had fun during snowball. For all of you who have never been to Classic Skating you have to know what it was the cool place to hang out in middle school when you weren’t aloud to date. Snowball is an activity that takes place once a night where the girls and boys separate to different sides of the arena and then one will ask the other to hold hands and skate around the rink while listening to a love song. It is such a funny juvenile thing, but we made the most of it. I don’t think I have ever held so many hands in one evening. ;)

After a good long evening of exercise we decided to head to Denny’s for a healthy midnight snack... or cheese fries. I swear Audrey and I are a sucker when it comes to fries, especially smothered in cheese. Don’t mind Audrey and I stuffing our faces in the back of this picture. It isn’t the most attractive thing.

Fixing the pool is taking far more time than anticipated. Luckily I was watching papa all day and had a chance to go to AquaTech and see what they could do. A few hundred dollars later and a lot of bad jokes from the manager I came home ready to do what ever it took to get the pool ready for swimming... sadly I must announce that after a long week of work it still isn’t clean enough to feel comfortable to swim. The chemicals did help, but the water is foggy and just won’t seem to clear up. I guess it will just take a little extra love and work! I will figure it out!!! 

Audrey, Mom and I have found ourselves oddly hooked to So You Think You Can Dance. After American Idol finished we needed something to fill that 3 hour void each week. The season just started but I have already picked out a few of my favorites! Right after watching some of Vegas Week we headed off to do a bit of our own dancing. Alex, Shawn, Audrey and I drove out to Provo to meet with Ashley Staib and Trent to go country swing dancing. I had done it once before but the rest of the group were complete beginners. It was so much fun. The only thing I regret is not getting any pictures next time I will, I promise! 

Not to brag, but I do want to tell you all about my clever Family Home Evening Lesson. I had been reading recently about the people of Anti-Nephi-Lehi and got the idea of “burying our weapons of war.” I had each member of our family write down one of their sins that they wanted to get rid of and we went out in the back yard and literally buried our papers in the ground. Not that exciting I guess, but I was really happy I came up with it on my own.

No comments: