Sunday, June 21, 2009

Biking, biking, biking. I feel like that is all I have done this week. I’m not complaining, in fact I really enjoy it. I haven’t quite worked up the courage to take my car anywhere after last week so I have resorted to my new mode of transportation. I have gone to Papa’s house, the library, and to and from work. It saves gas, gives me some exercise and lets me spend more time outside, which as we all know I love! So don’t be surprised if you see me cruising down the road on my sweet 21 speed! If fact you might just see a few of us. Mom and I really enjoy our bike rides together. Good time to chat and just enjoy the beautiful weather... when it is isn’t raining. 

I worked a lot this week because of people on vacation, but I’m not complaining. I am always happy to go to work rather then sit at home and be board all week. Well, except that I had to work on Sunday. That is never fun o matter how slow the store is. It just feels wrong. Nothing all that exciting happened at work this week, except for me dropping a whole bunch of boxes and making a complete fool of myself, but other than that nothing. 

My good friend Devin Angulo from my freshman year at BYU-I called and asked if I would be her face for a Mary Kay class she was doing. I felt kind of out of place seeing how much all these girls were into make up and such. Devin and I just kind of laughed and just did what we were told. In the end, half of my face looked great. You see, so that you can see the huge difference they only do half the face. Of course I’m going to think it looks better. Oh Mary Kay, how silly you are! ;) After the class we sat and talked in the parking lot for a good 2 1/2 hours. We had 5 years of catching up to do. I love her so much. She is such a sweetheart. I hope I can keep doing things with her. There is no point in going another 5 years without talking now that we are both in Sandy. 

I made Chicken BBQ Pizza for dinner this week and it turned out delicious. I even got to share my culinary masterpiece with Mike Abrahamson and his friend Cherry. They came over before we left for swing dancing. It is fun to get a few new people to come each time. We even got Jake Lader to come. We had so much fun off in our own little corner making up new moves. We weren’t really a part of the “in crowd” so we just made our own fun clique.  Little did we know that our crazy fun behavior intrigued the others. Sooner than we knew it we were all dancing with other people and even invited to the after dance hang out! It is like high school all over, but way more fun. We followed Jake (the instructor) to Dee’s and very quickly became friends with everyone there. 

Well you think one trip to an american family diner would be enough for the week. But honestly I could never get enough of the fries and milk shakes. It was Tom’s birthday this week so we all gathered late at night and headed to Denny’s. Soon enough we will be regulars there. So many fun people came and it was a blast. I love Audrey’s friends!

So now came the time I dreaded. Taking the whole family to the airport, just to be left home alone for 11 days. I woke up super early and dropped them off. The rest of the day was filled with severe boredom and severe rain storms. Being home alone isn’t all that bad, except when Bailey acts paranoid and makes you worry about what is going on. I don’t think I have ever been so overly cautious about locking the doors, and checking them 20 times over.  

Father’s day rolled around and here I was with no father to pamper. It wouldn’t have been much better even if he was home. I had to work all day and so would have missed the festivities either way. Luckily after work Wendy called and wanted to know if I wanted to join them for dinner. Mark and Alice were coming so I decided I would join in. It made it feel just a little more like a holiday. I got to spend time with Papa and express my gratitude to him for all he has done for my family. After dinner I got a phone call from Mike and Des to invite me to their house for a little dessert and a movie. I stayed as long as I could without making it dangerous for me to drive home. I’m glad I have at least a little family around to soften the loneliness. Maybe next week won’t be so bad. 

No comments: