Sunday, January 11, 2009

So I want to keep a journal and keep up on my blog the best I can so I just decided to do it all in one. It might be boring for all of you to read, but it is more for me than you. But if you do read it... Enjoy!
Wow, what a week. So much beginning and so much getting ready to end. I got dropped off here in the frozen tundra early Saturday (the 3rd) morning by Dad. He drove up, dropped me off and drove back just so I could have a way to get my snow tires here. What a nice and loving father. I had a few days to unpack, get settled and lots of time to meditate about the upcoming semester. I didn't know of anyone that was around. Becca and Rachel luckily got here late Sunday night so I didn't have to have dinner alone. I spent the night at their apartment so I didn't have to sleep in an empty apartment. I spent the evening teaching them the hula from my world dance class and then moved on to facials. Girl's nights rock my world!
Clint arrived early the next morning. I was so happy to see him and to be with him for a few more days before he left for Texas. We made a lot of home cooked meals (thanks to my new cook books) and just spent a lot of time talking. The day he left I had quite a little breakdown, but who wouldn't? Jacqui took good care of me. She even took me to get my nails done. She said every girl in emotional pain needs to be pampered. It was fun, but didn't fix all of the problem. I am just glad I have people like Andy and Jacqui who take such good care of me. It is rough to let go of someone you care about so much. I spent so much time trying to catch Clint, and now that I did he had to leave. But I know his career is important to him and that he needs to get started on that. I wish he could stay here until I at least finish, but I can't be that selfish. I just pray that things will work out for the best and we will get a chance to continue this as soon as I graduate. I will miss him a lot and hope everything works out for the best for him as well. He is a great guy and deserves the best. 
So this semester is a little slower then usual. I am not used to taking just a few classes. Biology will be the hardest (and nearly only) class I will have this semester. As long as I can stayed focused enough to pass that class I will graduate! Voice lessons haven't started yet, but I am excited to set up my senior recital. Sis. Bossard is such a wonderful teacher and is willing to give me 1 hour lessons instead of the 1/2 hour that I pay for. I love wonderful teachers! Vocal Union is amazing this semester. All the voices are out of the ordinary and the personalities of these wonderful students are going to be so much fun on tour... Not to mention the chance I have to go to Disneyland with all of them. 
My roommate situation is a little interesting. I am excited to see how it turns out. Ji Hye, Abby and I stayed from last semester and we got Meagan, Bekki and Becky from another room. They have done their bonding, and we have done ours, now we need to find a way to connect the two little groups. we have decided to do a sunday dinner all together every week to ensure that we are doing at least something together to keep apartment unity. We are trying our best to really become a family. I would really hate to feel a lone my last semester here. it will take a lot of service and love, seeing how different we are, but it will be a good learning and growing experience. 
The van is currently working thanks to my friend Nick. It has broken down twice just this week. I hope I can keep it working for at least the semester. After that who cares? I just need it to get me to and from the temple on Wednesday mornings. Speaking of which, my new calling is amazing. I love all the wonderful temple workers I get to interact with. They are so sweet and caring. I love seeing all the students taking time out of their days to come to the temple. The spirit there is too great for words. I can't wait till I get to go back this week! 
In short, school is great, I love the temple, I love my ward, and I am excited to spend this last little bit of time in Rexburg with the people I adore doing the things I love.

No comments: